Saturday, November 10, 2007

9. JOURNEY, 7/12/83

Location: Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO
Support act(s): Bryan Adams
In the company of: some girl

So, some girl - a friend of a friend I think - needed a date for her extra Journey ticket. I reluctantly (yeah right) agreed. It was a sob fest, with her boo-hooing throughout every Journey love song. Seriously. My only joy was in the music, and I did enjoy the concert. I had already made my move from the high school years' rock fanaticism of AC/DC, Journey, Rush, etc. to the frat-induced "new wave" obsession. But, it still was an entertaining show, with Steve Perry's high-flying voice. And, of course, the top 40 champion Bryan Adams ("Cuts Like A Knife" tour) opening the show. It could have been worse.

Anyway, tossed the phone number, kept the ticket stub. Never saw the girl again.

No comments: